They were able to fix her giant leaky valve, and even fashion it into a semblance of two valves, and they also disconnected her pulmonary artery. They sewed it off and left it, in case they need it in the future, but it is no longer causing higher pressures.
Our precious baby was agitated for quite a while…
And she was much happier when she got her breathing tube out.
Her oxygen sats are still quite low. Tiny P’s sats usually hover around 80, and they’ve been in the 60’s, so she will remain on her nasal cannula until they improve.
The first thing tiny P asked for was a bottle, and we had to wait six hours before giving her one to ensure that she didn’t need the breathing tube to go back in…but when she finally got that bottle, she was so happy, and she is sleeping soundly now.
The hope for the future is that she will still be able to have the Fontan surgery that she needs. But for now… we are thankful.