My New Floor Mat.
We had these old black foam puzzle mats in our garage. You know, the kind you put in a play room to keep kids from breaking themselves? I wanted some kind of mat in our kitchen, and I had been eyeballing our mats, trying to come up with some way to use them.
I came up with a plan…I cut the puzzle edges off of three sides of two of them, painted them white, and pencilled a flowery design on them.
I chose about twelve random colors from paints I already had, and started painting, just putting the colors wherever I liked.
Don’t judge my flowers too harshly, I just drew on some easy designs. I am pretty sure there are no actual flowers in real life that look like this. Ha.
I like how cheerful all the colors are. It really brightens up our kitchen, and the colors will be perfect for Spring and Summer.
All in all, it took about six hours of painting, and it didn’t cost me anything. So far, it’s held up very nicely with foot traffic…I painted the back side of the mats, which is the side that did not look like it had been treated at all, and I used a primer, paint, and then I used two coats of sealer to make it all waterproof.
All in all, I am happy with it, and it is very cushiony and comfortable! I may have to do a Fall colored one, too!
Totally brilliant and your flowers are just adorable. Love the cheery color choices.
Holy moley! That is fantastic! I'm so impressed. 🙂
Beautiful, I love it! I'm very impressed!!